Saturday 26 July 2014

Narnia

I intend to spend the day out of bed and in our study which is imaginatively accessed 'Narnia style' through our wardrobes in our bedroom – I like that! 

Treatment continues as chemotherapy with Xeloda 3000mg (6 x 500mg pills) daily – in the language of the docs – I'm tolerating it well. No nausea, though appetite is small and fatigue strong.

I get to have a seven day break next week so hope the tiredness wears off a little as I rebuild cells. Also the reduction of Targin may help with drowsiness – back pain seems to be under control and I'm down to last few Targin til next script so limiting them a little.

I emailed Julian Barden regarding the Biosceptre DC treatment and shared my results so far. He is keen to know "What were the relative responses with the different treatments? Was there a material difference over time using the different activation pathways? I am developing the new systemic therapeutic with ideas of initiating clinical trials subject to approval as early as Q1 2015."

So what of the DC treatment? It's hard to know how much it worked or didn't – I certainly had four or five months of good "quality of survival" in UK and Germany but how much that was helped by stopping chemo and the results of that first treatment is impossible to measure.

I have no regrets regarding the decision and am glad and hopeful I have been a part of developing this immunotherapy.

Below are a few blogs for others on the journey.

Great news for Kate MacRae who had a clear scan. You can read her story here – Date for Kate

Peter Trayhurn's blog is in depth  – he's over in Germany now and also caught up with Claire in Duderstadt.

My own Duderstadt DC treatments are linked here.
 



1 comment: