Thursday 17 July 2014

Give blood

Had my first chemo treatment at The Kinghorn Centre at St Vincent's – Oxyliplatin plus 3000mg Xeloda for 14 days then 7 day rest.
The centre is modern, efficient and friendly – with cheese and crackers on tap!

Also had two units of blood which seems to be kicking in – red cells were mid 80's so much needed. I can't encourage everyone enough to donate blood and am very grateful to whoever did!

My veins are apparently a bit oompa so a bit tricky to get cannula in but we did – mostly it's down to hydration so I pour as much in as I can.

Pain seems more managed – using 2 Targin day and night – apparently not a huge dose (5/2.5 each) but should control it.

Still have sleep issues – but hope it's the Dexmethsone increase to 4mg – (8mg for 3 days initially with chemo as they also prescribe it as a nausea control).

Looking forward to getting back up and around and to see the team at AKA Brand Design again!

A big thank you too to Ralf Harding who has kindly helped pull together some sense of our financial situation – we're seeing an independent fee based adviser next week so will share Ralf's master plan. It's this stuff that keeps me focused on stuff other than the treatments and keep me a little sane. That and welcome chats with my daughter Lizzie - though those can get a bit surreal!

So what of the DC treatment? Great news for Kate MacRae who had a clear scan. You can read her story here – Date for Kate

I have shared CT scan report and updated Dr Nessulhut but would have to revisit plan once we have had the chemo here.

Peter Trayhurn's blog is in depth  – he's over in Germany now and also caught up with Claire in Duderstadt.


My own Duderstadt DC treatments are linked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment