Thursday 10 July 2014

St Vincent's

Following awesome haircut to chop my chemo curls at good old fashioned barber up the junction we met with Professor Richard Chye at Sacred Heart Hospice and Palliative Care in Darlinghurst to discuss CT scans and options – he referred me to Professor Epstein at The Kinghorn Centre. Also prescribed Targin for pain.

Sacred Heart seems like a calm, restful place though Laurel found the Old Timer Swing Music coming from the patients lounge a little disturbing but hey come back later and check out my Jitterbug!

Plan at Kinghorn is to address tiredness and pain starting with a PET scan to see if anything related is causing the pain. Meanwhile we can hopefully get a decent sleep or two with Temazepan sleeping tablet and Targin for pain – so looking forward to tonight!

DC treatment is on hold – do I think it was successful – the past five months certainly were valuable in organising my life in Europe and seeing family as well as being chemo free. It could well be that coming off chemo also helped but either way I'm glad to have had the treatment in Germany and will continue to share my results with them. It is a pity that options aren't yet available in Oz. With the current metatasis and lack of energy to travel I couldn't continue right now.

For now I will begin chemo on Tuesday next week at Kinghorn with Oxaliplatin and Xeloda.

Again if anyone would like to know more about the Duderstadt DC treatments it's linked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment