Saturday 5 July 2014

Blood and guts

Sat in the garden enjoying the Sydney winter sun.

Blood test results – some high 'markers' – high white blood cells of 25.9 could be caused by DC treatments of course and and a low red blood cell count of 91 indicating anemia. CRP is 123.4.

Will collect CT scan report which was done on Thursday and will also be useful at St Vincent's saving time with scans, blood tests, etc there.

GP also noted higher numbers connected to liver function but I'm not completely sure what that means at this stage.

Back pain has subsided and appetite is stronger – so much nicer when food is made for you! Don't know if I'm just lazy or it's down to fatigue/appetite but it's all too easy to simply skip drinking and eating when you leave it to yourself to manage. Lesson learnt.

Sleeping better too. Have used Melatonin at night to help offset jet lag and seems to help.

I'll share the blood and scan reports with Dr Nessulhut and see what they think – hopefully St Vincent's/ Sarced Heart may be able to offer a day or two of care and increase red cell count with transfusion as we did initially at POW Randwick. Think hydration is improving but perhaps could also be boosted. Weight is still down but constant.

Always feel a little guilty with transfusions as I know how scarce blood supplies are and having lived in UK (even though a vegetarian) I've not been allowed to donate here.

If anyone would like to know more about the Duderstadt Dendritic Cell treatments it's linked here.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, blieve you never ate mad cow whilst in Britain. Do you want me to use my contacts at teh BloodBank to get you some vegetarian blood? Hope you continue to feel better after the transfusion - I always did.

    Best wishes

    Russell

    ReplyDelete