Wednesday 6 August 2014

Chemo round 2

Appointment Monday with Dr Manders at the Kinghorn prior to second round of chemo. Based on first round he upped both Oxyliplatin and Xeloda to 3500mg.

Discussed PET scan which shows extensive metastasis as we know – I will get a copy of it and upload next time I speak with him.

As I had managed to make it to the outside I dropped into AKA to see Austin Kaitlin and the gang and had a lunch down at the Australian Youth. Delicious pumpkin soup and a lemonade.

Attempted to pick up a cheque but bank holiday here so bank was closed... so drove around to find the Aloxi injection needed for the chemo on Tuesday.

Had a full day at Kinghorn Tuesday with chemo and one unit of blood. Strong reaction to upped Oxyliplatin (don't ask!) so taking today easy.

On the DC treatment:

I have no regrets regarding the decision and am glad and hopeful I have been a part of developing this immunotherapy.

Below are a few blogs for others on the journey.

Great news for Kate MacRae who had a clear scan. You can read her story here – Date for Kate

Peter Trayhurn's blog is in depth  – he's over in Germany now and also caught up with Claire in Duderstadt.

My own Duderstadt DC treatments are linked here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment