Wednesday 13 August 2014

43 years on

A quick visit from a dear friend Ann from Perth who I have known for 43 years since high school and some lovely messages from friends.

Jack just arrived back from Europe so we are back to full house! I need now to arrange activities and visits when chemo free.

Chemo is causing some nausea and constipation and appetite is poor. Very tired from lack of sleep last night as I opted out of taking the
Mirtazepine thinking it would help make me less groggy next morning – mistake!

On the Duderstadt DC treatment:

Not sure how much it has benefited me or how much of the four or five months of strength was due to coming off chemo but I have no regrets regarding the decision and am glad and hopeful we may have been a small part of developing this immunotherapy.

Interesting note From Claire's blog 'As Prof proudly said to Claire, "You are officially my longest surviving non chemo patient"'

Below are a few blogs for others on the journey.

Great news for Kate MacRae who had a clear scan. You can read her story here – Date for Kate

Peter Trayhurn's blog is in depth  – he's over in Germany now and also caught up with Claire in Duderstadt.

My own Duderstadt DC treatments are linked here.

No comments:

Post a Comment