Friday 24 January 2014

Cat with added Bird Flu

Newcastle Disease Virus and Oncothermia

Today was the first of three hyperthermia with Newcastle Disease Virus treatments.

This is over and above the new Biosceptre.com cell therapy I came here for but it is one (actually two) I have been interested in.

Hyperthermia alone as a principal makes sense and has a long history. Ancient Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians used heat to treat breast masses and noted that fever cured disease.

The POW is also trialling Oncotherm thanks to the efforts of Jenny Barlow – I hope it's the beginning of introducing a fourth discipline of immunotherapy to the hospital along with the conventional. http://www.oncothermiaclinic.com.au/

The principal idea is that cancer cells cannot tolerate heat as well as normal cells and heating the body to a controlled fever temperature can destroy tumour cells. It seems to help too in conjunction with other treatments (radiation/chemo) in weakening the cells and increasing the effects of those treatments.

The other introduction is Newcastle Disease Virus. Interest in the use of NDV as an anticancer agent has arisen from the ability of NDV to selectively kill human tumour cells with limited toxicity to normal cells. Essentially humans can cope easily with the disease but cancer cells cannot and so introducing it deliberately attacks the tumour cells and coupled with local hyperthermia we hope to reduce their numbers.

I also came across a blog by Ren who has been on a similar journey surviving one year, having been given 2 months and who documented his treatments in a far more lucid and literate manner than I am able to do and I hope he and his family don't mind me sharing his work...

http://www.mcrc4.com



4 comments:

  1. You're looking good in the photo. Yeah Glenn Hazeldine was right about us doing illness big time - but we're also from Essex, we're hard as nails and we can face down anything. We're with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I wanted to contact you to discuss more privately. I am looking at dendritic cell therapy for Stage IV Ewing's Sarcoma. Could you help me with a few questions.

    -What was the time from appointment to receiving the therapy?
    -Are you still on a chemotherapy?
    -(Don't have to answer) - What sort of costs?

    Again, If you answer these it will be a huge step. I have to decide in 5 days weather to accept chemo which Im told at best will only slow my tumour down. So I have to know weather it's DC therapy or chemo.

    Also which clinic in Germany is it at?

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can email me at adamraypersonal@gmail if you like and I'll go through treatments and costs so far.

      Adam

      Delete