Thursday 18 September 2014

Water, water



Lizzie's year 12 graduation evening and I'm back in St Vincent's.

Dehydration has gotten the better of me again. The 'chemorrhea' still continues so along with nutrition we are looking to improve both.

Tumour markers for CEA in blood test has dramatically improved so the chemo is working – just need to get a bit stronger to push on.

CAT scan results show good reductions in metastases so everyone positive. Luckily they didn't scan brain as I'm watching back to back Masterchef so assumed it spread there!

One result shows blood clots on lungs which could explain lethargy so injections to remove those will start today.

Also enjoying doing a quick job for the studio.

So in over the weekend rehydrating and being fed through nasal tube (whoever invented that is evil!) until we hook up Jejunostomy feeding tube next week.

Hope this gets me up and about. Only 10 weeks ago I was swimming in the gym!

 ________________________________________________________

On my past Duderstadt Dendritic Cell treatment for those interested:

Not sure how much it has benefited me or how much of the four or five months of strength was due to coming off chemo but I have no regrets regarding the decision and am glad and hopeful we may have been a small part of developing this immunotherapy.

Interesting note From Claire's blog 'As Prof proudly said to Claire, "You are officially my longest surviving non chemo patient"'

Below are a few blogs for others on the journey.

Great news for Kate MacRae who had a clear scan. You can read her story here – Date for Kate

Peter Trayhurn's blog is in depth  – he's over in Germany now and also caught up with Claire in Duderstadt.

My own Duderstadt DC treatments are linked here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment