Saturday 17 May 2014

More than one way to skin a cat

It's here!

The scan report from 4 weeks ago shows some progression, mainly that the metastatic deposits that were there before chemo are present again. But no sign of disease in the other organs particularly the liver which is good news!

I have sent the report to Dr Nessulhut and will see what they think.

This was before the addition of Anti PD1 and Julian Barden's suggested change to the peptide configuration so I hope there may be improvement on this.

There are some other options too – Proton radiation could reduce the main tumour which would help give the DC less mass to combat and Radio Frequency Ablation on the lung deposits which has been blogged about by Triple Negative and by Peter Trayhurn both of who are intending to undergo that treatment. I'll discuss these in June with Dr Nessulhut.

The other minor issue is Dexamethasone – I'm stopping it all together as I don't think I need it and I read it weakens the immune system and should not be used with 'live vaccines' – DOH! Weaning slowly as it's not a good idea to suddenly stop.

Overall not entirely sure exactly where we are at the moment except to say it's 10 months on (which is the median survival time) and I'm definitely and defiantly still here! So go me! (oh and Dr Nessulhut and Biosceptre).


4 comments:

  1. Good work, Adam. Let us know if there is anything practical we can do to help. I know about defiance - defiance is good. I've walked for miles even when my leg stumps were cut and bleeding, when walking somewhere was the most important thing. You and I are the same, we have the spirit of survivors. One slow step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your blog is very helpful in understanding the nature of your treatment. My mother in law has explored many avenues including GCMAF but nothing has worked so far although we seem to have slowed down the effects of her breast metastasis!

    It would really help if you could tell us how you get to the clinic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry got cut short..... How did you travel to the clinic as we also live in east London and are trying to arrange travel for next week but are a bit stuck after the plane to Hanover.

    ReplyDelete