Monday 14 April 2014

Men in white suits

Having spent a few days in Lancaster with Jack helping decorate (Bodgeit & Scarper style) I had my first CT Scan today at Barts in London.
Unsurprisingly similar to scans in Sydney though with plain water rather than the yellow liquid there and the canula is put in prior to going in so saves the radiologists time. The whole process was bang on time and efficient so another positive for the NHS. Results will be with my GP in about a week so I will wait till I get back from fourth treatment in Duderstadt for those and the first blood test. The endoscopy (on wed) results will also presumably be there by then too.

Weight is constant and feeling fine still apart from dysphagia and hoping the Anti-PD1 will help with that. There is also an option to help relieve some of those symptoms using Photodynamic Therapy. PDT uses laser, or UV, combined with a light-sensitive drug to destroy cancer cells. it's effective in reducing (but not eliminating) esophageal tumors since the light source can be used via endoscopy. The treatment is available at the Yorkshire Laser Centre.

Back up in Lancaster later this week to continue my dodgy paintwork without Jack who's headed to a cool jazz camp in Italy. Course I could always take up guitar!

No comments:

Post a Comment